APX NEMA 3R LARGE SINGLE DOOR ENCLOSURE
UL Listed NEMA Certified Type 3R, 4X
(For details see specification sheets)
1. The complete enclosure is made from 0.125" thick aluminum alloy type 5052-H32 to provide a strong and rigid construction. Alternative material is 14 gauge type 304 stainless steel. (Specifier must choose the material to be used.)
2. The enclosures are equipped with two (2) adjustable "C" mounting channels on both side walls and back wall, providing versatile postioning of shelves, optional panels or rack mounting angles.
3. The door frame opening is double flanged on all four (4) sides. These flanges increase the strength of the door opening and help prevent dust and liquids from dropping into the enclosure when the door is opened.
4. All exterior seams are ground smooth or sealed weathertight with silicone sealant.
5. Pole or wall mounted enclosures have welded stiffener plates to reinforce the top and bottom of rear wall. Welded bottom plates are standard on pole mounted enclosures. An optional removable bolt-on bottom plate is available.
6. (3R only) Enclosures have provisions for mounting a forced air fan system that can be thermostatically controlled, and air is exhausted through a slotted vent system in the roof overhang.
1. Equipped with three-point latching mechanism with nylon rollers at the top and bottom.
2. Door handle is 0.75" stainless steel round bar and has provisions for a padlock.
3. (3R only) The standard main door lock is Corbin #1548-1 or equal.
4. (3R only) A louvered air vent with filter retaining brackets and a disposable paper filter element is provided.
5. The main doors are sealed with closed-cell neoprene gasket.
6. The continuous door hinge is 0.075" thick stainless steel with a 0.25" stainless steel hinge pin.
7. The switch compartment with removable back panel is standard and also made from 0.125" thick aluminum alloy type 5052-H32. This back can optionally be repalced with a clear lexan window to provide for limited access inspection of operating components or instrumentation.
8. The switch compartment door hinge is 14 gauge stainless steel with a 0.120" stainless steel hinge pin.
1.Natural aluminum enclosures are mill finish per federal specification QQA-250/8.
2.Painted enclosures are treated with an iron phosphate coating and dried by radiant heat.
FOR NEMA TYPE 4X RATING:
DELETE: all vents and main door lock (Corbin #1548-1), and Corbin R357SGS switch compartment lock.
ADD: Chicago #1703-100-G switch compartment lock, All through holes are sealed.
APX Catalog Numbers: APXLS301815, APXLS362015, APXLS412516, APXLS512516, APXLS503017, APXLS503617, APXLS583017, APXLS763017, APXLS363624, APXLS443624, APXLS553826, APXLS554426, APXLS723618, APXLS773826, APXLS774426 (formerly TCLS301815, TCLS362015, TCLS412516, TCLS512516, TCLS503017, TCLS503617, TCLS583017, TCLS763017, TCLS363624, TCLS443624, TCLS553826, TCLS554426, TCLS723618, TCLS773826, TCLS774426)