APX NEMA 3R ONLY PEDESTAL ENCLOSURES
APX Enclosures, Inc. 3R pedestal enclosures are designed to house electronic controls, terminals, and instruments and to provide protection from rain, sleet, snow, dripping water and corrosion, while providing ventilation for sensitive equipment.
Size Range: 40” x 16” x 15”
Material: 0.125 aluminum
Equipment Mounting: back panel, custom
UL Rated NEMA Certified Type 3R
(For details see specification sheet)
1. Enclosure and door are made from 0.125" thick aluminum.
2. Top of enclosure is made of 0.250" thick type 5052-H32 aluminum and is continuously welded weathertight around the periphery of top.
3. Top of enclosure is pre-punched with 2-1/2" diameter hole and four (4) 5/8" diameter holes of 4" diameter bolt circle on 45 degree angle from center line.
4. A cover plate made of 0.125" thick aluminum with closed cell gasket secured with two (2) 1/4-20 stainless steel carriage bolts and stainless steel nylock nuts is supplied.
5. Enclosure base is made of 1/2" thick type 5052-H32 aluminum plate with ample cutouts for electrical cable clearance. The base is designed for (4) exterior anchor bolt mounting, centers 11-1/2" wide x 13-1/2"deep.
6. A plywood panel, 3/4" thick x 12" x 34" is secured to the back wall of the cabinet with four (4) stainless steel 5/16"-18"x 1-1/2" threaded studs, flat washers and lock nuts.
1. Main door is made from 0.125" thick type 5052-H32 aluminum.
2. Main door lock is Corbin #R357SGS series or equal and has a keyhole cover.
3. Door is hinged to enclosure with two (2) heavy gauge stainless steel butt hinges with 1/4" diameter stainless steel pins. Hinges are secured to door and enclosure with 1/4-20 stainless steel carriage bolts and stainless steel nylock nuts.
4. Main door is sealed with closed-cell neoprene gasket.
1. Natural aluminum enclosures are mill finish, per federal specification QQA-250/8.
2. Painted enclosures are treated with a three (3) stage iron phosphate coating and dried by radiant heat. Standard finish coat is a Polyester Powder Coating. (See Standard Color Chart located in Options & Accessories).
APX Catalog Number: APXPE401615 (formerly TCPE401615)