APX NEMA 3R FRONT & REAR DOOR ENCLOSURES
UL Listed NEMA Certified Type 3R, 4X
(For details see specification sheets)
1. The complete enclosure is made from 0.125" thick aluminum alloy type 5052-H32 to provide a strong and rigid construction. Alternative material is 14 gauge type 304 stainless steel. (Specifier must choose the material to be used.)
2. The enclosures are equipped with two (2) adjustable "C" mounting channels on both side walls, providing versatile postioning of shelves or rack mounting angles.
3. The door frame opening is double flanged on all four (4) sides. These flanges increase the strength of the door opening and help prevent dust and liquids from dropping into the enclosure when the door is opened.
4. All exterior seams are ground smooth or sealed weathertight with silicone sealant.
5. (3R only) Enclosures have provisions for mounting forced air fan system that can be thermostatically controlled, and air is exhausted through a slotted vent system in the roof overhangs.
1. Equipped with a three-point latching mechanism with nylon rollers at the top and bottom.
2. Door handle is 0.75" stainless steel round bar and has provisions for a padlock.
3. (3R only) The standard main door lock is Corbin #1548-1 or equal.
4. (3R only) A louvered air vent with filter retaining brackets and a disposable paper filter element is provided.
5. The main doors are sealed with closed-cell neoprene gasket.
6. The continuous door hinge is 0.075" thick stainless steel with a 0.25" stainless steel hinge pin.
1. Natural aluminum enclosures are mill finish per federal specification QQA-250/8.
2. Painted enclosures are treated with an iron phosphate coating and dried by radiant heat.
FOR NEMA TYPE 4X RATING:
DELETE: main door locks.
ADD: all through holes are sealed.
Note: Enclosure shown has optional sun shield mounted. See specifications for standard specifics.
APX Catalog Numbers: APXFR363624, APXFR443624, APXFR773826, APXFR774426 (formerly TCFR363624, TCFR443624, TCFR773826, TCFR774426)